In case everyone is not aware, as of June 1, 2009, “The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative” requires U.S. and Canadian citizens, age 16 and older to present a valid, acceptable approved travel document that denotes both identity and citizenship when entering the U.S. by land or sea. Common examples of these documents include a passport, U.S. passport card, enhanced driver’s license, or a U.S. lawful permanent resident card (green card). If under age 16, no photo identification is necessarily required but they still have to prove citizenship.

If you are not sure which document is acceptable, please contact our office at 313-963-2505 .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *